Help us make it a great event!
We are looking for amazing sponsors and donors to help make this event a success.
- Collaborated with the Battle Creek Community Foundation to help build the Post Foundation in 2011
- The Postum Club donated the first $5,000 to establish the Post Foundation endowment
- Franklin Elementary was established in 1857 and has been in its current location in the Franklin Post neighborhood since 1978
- Post Elementary closed in 2008 and over 100 students joined the nearby Franklin Elementary
- Roughly 95% of the current student body is enrolled in the reduced or free lunch program
- Raised $15,000 to replace outdated playground equipment at Franklin Elementary School
- Donated necessary school supplies for students
- Local contributors aided the Post Foundation to develop new soccer fields, exercise area and walking path on the school property, which is open for neighborhood/community use.
(Thank you to our donors: Battle Creek Community Foundation, BCCF Anonymous Community Project Fund, Post Community Credit Union, Postum Club, Rotary Club of Battle Creek, United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region, W.K. Kellogg Foundation and In Kind Supporters: City of Battle Creek, D-K Fence, Hunter Prell and Post Engineers)
- Campaigned for school name change to Post-Franklin Elementary School (adopted by BCPS Board, November 2013)
- Purchased benches for soccer fields
- June 2014—School celebration to officially unveil new signage and special activities for the students
- Back to School celebration in September 2014. Provided T-shirts with new school name, “Post-Franklin Elementary School” for all students and staff. Everyone participated in healthy lifestyle activities and photos with the Post Sugar Bear Hot-Air Balloon.
- Spring 2012 launched sponsorship of a community garden on Cliff Street. Post Foundation supplies plants, seeds and other necessities while neighborhood/community members volunteer their time working the garden in return for fresh, organic produce
- During first season added raised beds, fencing and signage
- Second season, Boy Scouts collaborated with the Post Foundation on building storage shed. Also connected garden to city water supply with help of Post Foods
- During third season, 2014, students from Post-Franklin Elementary School participated in a garden learning experience in May and September.
- Purchased picnic tables and other amenities for garden
- Most importantly, volunteers, neighbors and the Haven of Rest continues to benefit from the produce grown in the garden—which was the main purpose in establishing the site
As we continue to grow the Post Foundation Endowment Fund, we will be working toward offering grant opportunities for projects that will enhance our Battle Creek community and its neighborhoods.
The Post Foundation Board is currently developing guidelines for our grant process so please check back often. If you are interested in finding out more about this program, please email us at [email protected], contact a Board Member, or the Battle Creek Community Foundation to answer your questions.